To begin, click on “Start Registration”. Fill in the registration form fields. Do not use inverted commas or apostrophes in any entry. Click “Next” to go to the services booking page. NOTE: You will see your login and password which will be needed for future usage of your personal registration page, please printout or note the information for future reference. Login and password information will be sent to via email as well, please save. Select the type of registration fee and click “Refresh”.
The registration of the accompanying person should be done on-line separately from the major participant registration. Registration fee should be paid for accompanying person(s). Other Conference services (hotel accommodation, transfers, cultural program) should be ordered by the major participant.
After the registration you will receive an email, which contains your ID and password for future usage of the online registration system. In case you did not receive such an email, please contact us: email@example.com.
For registered participants: Paying the registration fee
Enter the “Online Registration” section using your login and password assigned during registration. Click on “Payment Section”. Put a tick in a square next to the “Registration Fee”. Select the method of payment. An invoice will appear requesting your name and address as indicated during registration. The bill must be printed and paid.
Changing personal information on your registration page:
Do not start a new registration! Enter the “Online Registration” section using your login and password received during registration. Click “Edit personal info” You will see the personal information you entered and now it can be changed. After editing is complete click “Next”.
Before starting the process of submitting your abstract please read the information in the “Call for abstracts”. Prepare your abstract off-line and be ready to add it as an attachment during the abstract submission process in DOC or RTF formats only.
If you have not registered yet please go to the “Online Registration” section and click “Register”.
After fulfilling and submitting the registration form you will get to WELCOME page containing your login and password which should be remembered. Please click “Submit Abstract”. Those who make presentation please select the presentation type. To submit your abstract properly, you should fill in all required fields:
1. Presentation type. Select the presentation type (oral or poster).
Oral presentations should be created in Microsoft Power Point 2003 or lower. No *.jpeg* and *.pdf* files accepted. In case you are going to include video in your presentation, DO NOT FORGET to copy not only the .ppt file, but also the video file itself.
Requirements for poster presentations will be available soon.
2. Section. Select one of 36 sessions.
3. Authors. First enter the author’s last name and initials that will make presentation and be the point of contact regarding the abstract. Enter the name of the home organization and click “Add Author”. If there are multiple authors they should be added one by one in the same manner.
4. Type in the Title of the abstract
5. Attach the file with your abstract (DOC or RTF formats only). The file name must not contain dots other than those for file extension! THERE IS A WORD LIMIT OF 200.
6. Indicate the authors e-mail address for contacting the lead author.
Once completed, click on “Submit” Uploading the submission mat take a few minutes depending on the speed of your Internet connections, PLEASE BE PATIENT!. Once completed, the title of the abstract will appear. Please review and edit before final submission by clicking on “Finish”. Your abstract is accessible on the website at any time by clicking on “My Abstract”.
Abstract submission for registered participants.
Go to the “Online Registration” section and then to your personal page using the login and password information assigned during registration.
Click on “Abstract Submission” and select the presentation type (oral/poster). Fill in the obligatory fields as outlined in steps 1-4 above.
At any time you can delete the abstract from the website by clicking on “My Abstract” and then “Delete Abstract”. Once deleted a corrected abstract can be submitted and .a new registration number will be assigned to the abstract.
Hotel reservation for registered participants
Go to the “Online Registration” section. Enter using the login and password information assigned during registration. On your personal page, click on “Hotel Reservation”. Select the hotel and room category you desire. Enter the check in and check out dates. If you book a double room please indicate if you prefer twin beds or a double bed. Also please indicate the name of accompanying person (as a comment). Click “Next”. In the next view, select “Payment section” and check the box next to “Hotel Accommodation”. Select the method of payment. If you choose the bank transfer, an invoice will appear that should be printed out and paid.
If you choose the credit card, an Agreement of Payment will be automatically created that should be completed signed and faxed to No: +7 (812) 335 2039. you may also scan the signed Agreement and sent it by e-mail to the Conference Manager. If you choose top pay via the Internet payment the next view provides detailed instruction for on-line payment with a credit card.
“Place in double room” category
The option of booking a shared place in a double room (e.g. with twin beds) is available only if the room will be shared by someone for the same period of time. You may either choose with whom you wish to share, or leave it up to the organisers to find someone. In the first case, both of you must indicate the name of the other person in the comments box when you book your room.
If you wish the organisers to find a room partner for you, then after receiving the whole payment for hotel accommodation and finding a second person, we will send you the hotel confirmation letter with his/her name. If the organisers are unable to find a room partner for you for the same period they will try to find someone to share with you for part of the period for which you have booked. In that case they will offer you a single room for the part of the period for which there is nobody available to share with you, and you will be charged extra for the single room when you register. In the event that nobody is available to share with you for the entire period, you will be charged for a single room for the entire period.
The additional payment for a single room can be made in St. Petersburg during the registration.
Clarification to registration types
1. If you are a student:
If you register as a student you will be obliged to produce proof of your student status when you arrive at the registration desk, otherwise you will be charged the full registration fee.
2. If you are an early career scientist, who is going to apply for financial support from IASC:
1. Give the answer “YES” to “Are you an early career scientist who is going to apply for a financial support from IASC?”.
2. In comments to PERSONAL INFORMATION page, please write “Early Career Scientist”.
3. Go to "Travel support from IASC" page and follow the instructions.
3. If you attend ONLY Business Meetings in Saint Petersburg [i.e. without the conference]:
1. Register yourself as a participant with the relevant registration fee.
2. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. with this information
4. If you attend both the St. Petersburg meeting and the subsequent delegates meeting in Moscow (which is by invitation only):
1. Use the online registration on the main website of the Conference(http://www.scar-iasc-ipy2008.org/), you will first indicate your St Petersburg hotel, then in the Comments field of VISA SUPPORT section you should ALSO write your hotel name in Moscow (see next section) and the dates you are staying in it. It is recommended that you order train tickets from St. Petersburg to Moscow through the additional section.
2. Then Go to the Moscow SCAR Delegates Meeting website (http://www.scar-iasc-ipy2008.org/Moscow, and use the online registration there. In the PERSONAL INFORMATION section, you should write the same data as you wrote above during your registration for the St. Petersburg meetings. Then, please, choose the hotel and all the additional services (optional tours, transfers, etc)
5. If you are attending only the SCAR Delegates Meeting in Moscow (which is by invitation):
1. In case you are going to attend only SCAR Delegates Meeting only, held on 13.07.08-16.07.08, please select the relevant registration fee type.
2. Use the online registration on the main website of the Conference (http://www.scar-iasc-ipy2008.org/), where you should fulfill all the sections except HOTEL RESERVATION. In comments field of VISA SUPPORT section, please write your hotel name in Moscow and the dates of staying in it.
3. Go to the Moscow SCAR Delegates Meeting website (http://www.scar-iasc-ipy2008.org/Moscow, and use the online registration there. In the PERSONAL INFORMATION section, you should write the same data as you wrote during the first registration. Then, please choose the hotel and all the additional services(optional tours, transfers, etc)